The Garlic bread is one of the most popular fast food of modern times! I sometimes feel that garlic bread is more popular amongst children than Pizza itself. Why should we only talk about children loving it, we all are fond of Garlic Breadsticks and feel like having it often. But it is not always possible to visit the restaurant. Moreover, as parents, we are also worried to give children refined flour all the time. Especially in this situation of Lockdown, such things are all the more difficult. Besides, whether it is lockdown or no Lockdown, home-made food is always best. So I am sharing a very healthy and yet very tasty Garlic bread Recipe.
Preparation time: 3 hours, Baking time: half an hour
- Whole wheat flour: 3 Cups
- Butter: 80 gms
- Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Mixed dried herbs/Oregano & Basil: 2 tsp
- Yeast: 10 gms/2 tsp
- Cheddar Cheese: slices/cubes 4nos
- Mozzarella Cheese: 100 gms
- Sweet Corn: As required
- Jalapeños: As required
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Salt: as per your taste
Procedure to Make Domino’s Style Garlic bread at home
Cheese Garlic Bread Sticks
Part 1: Activate the Yeast:
In a bowl add dry Yeast, sugar and pour some warm water. Mix it well and let it rest for 10-15 mins or untill it rises well.
Part 2: Making the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, add whole wheat flour (for best results you can also use all-purpose flour completely or partly),
- Add garlic paste, dry herbs, salt
- Add soften/melted butter,
- Lastly add activated yeast.
- Add warm water as required and keep kneading for a couple of minutes till the dough is soft smooth and more elastic. This may take a couple of minutes. Grease it with oil and let it rest for almost 2 hours. Make sure that you do not over work the dough and there are no creaks on the surface of the dough.
As you can see the above image, the dough has risen more than double the size. Since I used whole wheat flour which has less gluten as compared to all-purpose flour, the elasticity won’t be the same as it would have been with all-purpose flour. But there is not much change in the flavour though. Now knock back the dough and knead it again. Divide the dough into three parts. First part should be slightly larger and remaining two should be equal in size. Keep the larger part aside.
- We are going to work with the remaining two parts of the dough now.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll one portion of dough into a thick chapati.
- Spread cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese generously.
- Now roll the other part of the dough and place it on top of the cheese. Press the edges so that they stick together
- Now sprinkle some dried herbs and pepper. Grease the baking tray and place the bread in it. You can also fold your bread instead of placing two layers on top of each other.
- Partially cut it and brush it with butter or Olive oil or mayonnaise. Bake it for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven on 180-degree Celcius.
Serve the Domino’s Style Cheese Garlic bread sticks hot fresh from the oven.
Stuffed Cheese Garlic Bread
- The first Part of the dough, which is remaining, we will use that now. Roll a big Chapati sized bread.
- On the half part of the bread, spread streamed baby corn and jalapenos (you can use regular chillies too or even omit it if you do not like spicy) For seasoning, sprinkle some black pepper, chilli flakes salt and mixed dried herbs or any dried herbs of your choice.
- Now spread mozzarella cheese on the sweet corn part of the bread.
- In the next step, we shall cover with the remaining half part of the bread and place it in the oven tray, partially cut it and brush it with butter or Olive oil. Bake it for 20-25 mins in a preheated oven on 180 degree Celsius.
- Garlic bread is best enjoyed with Cheesy Dip. Hence, I am also sharing the recipe of this relish. In a small pan add about 1 tbsp of butter.
- As it starts melting add 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour. Roast it for a minute or until it is aromatic.
- Add about 1/4th cup of water and keep stirring to make sure there are no lumps formed.
- Add grated cheddar cheese.
- Now add 1/4 cup of milk and blend it well.
- Remove from the flame as the cheese is melted. Please remember to keep the consistency little watery as it will thicken after some time. Do not add salt as cheese already has enough salt in it.
Since this is a whole wheat garlic bread it can be made frequently, and is certainly much more healthier than the restaurant one. The kids will are sure to be happy and so will be the mommies! This is the one of the most welcomed dish for kids birthday party and get-togethers. Your Home-made Yummy Garlic Bread with Cheesy Dip is ready to be served with molten cheese oozing out!