Kids Snacks became more Yummy!!!
Since childhood, I loved cookies. I am sure you too love cookies. Cookies are children’s best friend and not just children, the child in us, is so fond of all such goodies. But you need not buy such stuff now. You can very easily bake fresh Chocolate Cookies at home. I tried adding a surprise element to it. A marshmallow. As we know it is sweet and soft and it will give a texture to my cookies. Kids love it. Therefore I thought of adding it to my cookie. My recipe is eggless, and therefore, everyone could have it without compromising on taste. Let us try this simple easy and yummy recipe. My cookies are crunchy from outside, chewy from inside and soft in the centre. These will surely win the little hearts of the little champs!
Preparation time: 30 mins; Freezing time: 2 hours; Baking time: 12-15 mins
Serves 6-8 persons
- All Purpose flour : 1 & 1/4th Cup
- Yogurt: 1/4th Cup
- Butter: 1/2 Cup (soften)
- Sugar: 1/2 Cup
- Brown Sugar: 1/2 Cup
- Chocolate Chips: 1/2 Cup
- Cocoa Powder: 1/4th Cup
- Baking Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Instant Coffee Powder: 1 tbsp
- Marshmallows: as required
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugar, brown sugar, yogurt and instant coffee powder.
- Blend it until the sugar dissolved
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture. Bring it together with the help of spatula
- Now add choco-chips to the cookie dough and mix well. (If you do not have Choco-chips you can finely chop a chocolate slab) I used thick chocolate sprinkles, you can use whichever is available.
Now take a heaped table spoon or a scoop of the cookie dough and stuff one marshmallow in it as shown in the image below.
Refrigerate these cookie dough balls in refrigerator for minimum of 2 hours. You can store these balls for a maximum of one week in the deep freezer, just take it out for half an hour before baking.
Baking the Cookies
Pre-heat the oven. Grease the baking tray with butter. Now place the cookies ball widely apart so that when they melt and spread they do not intersect each other. Bake for about 12-15 mins on 175 degree Celsius.
In the above image you can see a freshly baked cookie. The liquid that you see on the surface is the melted marshmallow. Do not be tempted to remove your cookies from the baking tray immediately out of oven. Let it cool for a while and then take it out. You are going to have an ultimate cookie experience. Crunchy from outside, chewy from inside and soft in the centre!