Garlic Knots are such an amazing and simple finger food which is also finger licking!! 😋 Try this easy and super delicious recipe at home and I guarantee, you will win accolades from your friends and family! This yummy starter is a favourite at my house, soon it will be your family favourite too!!
Serves 7-8 persons;
Makes about 15 pieces;
Preparation time: 3 hours, Baking time: half an hour
- All Purpose Flour: 3 Cups
- Butter: 50 gms 1/4th Cup
- Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
- Italian Seasoning: 2 tsp
- Yeast: 5 gms/1 tsp
- Mozzarella Cheese: 100 gms
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Salt: as per your taste
- Warm Water: 1 Cup (approx)
Garlic Flavoured Butter
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: finely chopped, 2 tsp
- Italian Seasoning: 1 tsp
- Salt: If the butter is unsalted
Part 1: Activate the Yeast:
In a bowl add dry Yeast, sugar and pour some warm water. Mix it well and let it rest for 10-15 mins or untill it rises well.
Part 2: Making the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour
- Add garlic paste, Italian seasoning, salt
- Add butter and activated yeast.
- Add warm water as required and keep kneading for about 10-12 minutes till the dough is soft, smooth and more elastic. Grease it with oil and let it rest for 1-2 hours. Make sure that there are no cracks on the surface of the dough.
Part 3: Making the Garlic Flavoured Butter
Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside.
Part 4: Making the Knots
- Once the dough rises well, knock back all the air filled in the dough.
- Make 15 equal portions of the dough.
- Take one part at a time, flatten it apply flavoured butter, mozzarella and roll it.
- Make a knot of it and join the remaining two ends.
- Copy the same procedure for rest of the 14 portions
- Brush them with Flavoured Butter and set it aside for proofing yet again for 15 -20 mins
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for 180 degree Celcius
- Remove them from the oven once they are golden brown.
- Brush them again with the flavoured butter
- Garnish them with cheese and fresh chives.
Your super delicious Garlic Knots are ready. These easy to make Garlic Knots, can be show stopper for party or get-togethers. You can bake them in advance and re-heat them in microwave oven for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. They will be ready win hearts of your guest as well as family.
Click on the link below to see the detailed video of the recipe with instructions. Pls like share and subscribe if you want to see more of such content!